Vessi developed is a completely new category in footwear. One Shoe, Four Seasons. With a rapidly growing customer and fan base, we need a driven and well-rounded footwear designer to join the team.We're not just a footwear company, we are a tech-driven brand who strive to innovate the latest technology that will allow you to step outside your norm.
- Research trends, innovations, markets, sales and customer feedback to ideate and develop products to fit within the company’s objectives.
- Build out seasonal line sheets through PLM / Illustrator.
- Develop tech packs from conceptual sketches
- Develop new materials and trims accordingly.
- Evaluate prototypes and perform fitting tests to ensure fit, design, and construction intent
- Responsible for sourcing and choosing materials (textile, outsole, ornaments) for samples.
- Manage tech packs/data packs for production submission and approval of styles
- Communicate production challenges, changes and resolutions to reduce error.
- Oversee the process from development to commercialization.
- Travel to overseas factories, suppliers and partner offices to assist and complete any necessary product development needs
- Degree in industrial design or fashion design
- 2+ years experience in footwear development or design
- Experience working with knitted footwear or socks
- Highly organized, great time management, detail oriented, and proactive in problem-solving.
- Portfolio demonstrating technical expertise, strategic thinking, and design competence
- Motivated and driven
- Ability to lead multiple projects at once and adhere to key deadlines.
- Understand the footwear production process at a factory level.
- Ability to visualize and draw 2D and 3D by hand or computer.
- Software expertise:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Ai, Ps, Id)
- Excel / Google Sheet
- Word / Google Docs
- PLM / PDM
- Fluency in English, fluency in Mandarin is a great bonus
We here at Vessi believe amazing people are the backbone to an amazing brand. Everyone at Vessi is not just a team member but part of a growing family. A career with Vessi is all about pushing your own boundaries and exploring what's to come. We look for people who are curious, motivated, inclusive and someone who's not afraid to jump into a puddle. If this sounds like you, come say hi and join us for the ride!